This cool App does away with a separate user ID and password for Greentree. Once you've logged in to your computer, just double click on the Greentree Icon and you're logged straight in to the menu. That's right, you don't need to enter another user ID and password.
Under the hood, the App integrates Greentree with Windows Active Directory to allow access to Greentree to be restricted to users who have an active Windows network account.
The benefits for users are simple and clear:
- A single user ID and password for the network and Greentree
- Automatic Greentree login for faster access
And the pluses for system administrators include:
- Fewer help-desk calls for forgotten Greentree passwords
- Disable the network account and Greentree access is automatically disabled on any PC
- Auditors are happier knowing that user access is controlled in one place
Three new options are available on the User preferences screen under the Active Directory Tab. These options may only be configured by the Super user.
- Use Windows Login
Greentree checks that the user currently logged in, (to the network on that PC or terminal server session) has an active Greentree account and automatically logs the user in to Greentree. The user does not need to enter a user-name and password.
- Check Login on Active directory
Greentree prompts the user to enter their AD user-name and Greentree password. Greentree checks that the user has a current Active Directory account, before logging the user in to Greentree.
- Check Login against current Active Directory User
Greentree prompts the user to enter their AD user-name and Greentree password. Greentree checks that the user has a current Active Directory account, and that the user is logged in to the network on that PC or terminal server session, before logging the user in to Greentree.
- Greentree user-names must be identical to Windows Network account IDs.
- Do not enable this App for any user who also has to log in as the Super user as this will prevent them from doing so.
- This App provides Active Directory integration for access to the core Greentree system. It does not provide Active Directory integration for external functionality such as FREE, ODBC, eModules, WebView and Greentree IQ.